At the end of last year, several consortia of companies and research institutes received a lovely Christmas gift
... the approval of their ICON project (interdisciplinary cooperative research project) or development project on a pilot scale. After the projects were submitted in September and defended before an expert jury in November, with our support VLAIO successfully completed the massive administrative task of processing all the necessary paperwork. We are very proud of and grateful to all the companies and research institutes that went to the effort of submitting their project in the first Flux50 ICON and pilot-scale project call, even if they weren’t ultimately selected.
A total of four ICON and two development projects will be supported by the Hermes Fund in their search for innovative energy concepts and products. A total budget of €16,307,227 has been allocated to these six projects, and will be shared by 34 different companies and five research institutes, with the support of five non-subsidized companies.
The largest ICON project is comprised of 22 Flemish companies and five research institutes, and has received €5,247,287 in funding from the Hermes Fund. Thanks to a collaboration with Innoviris, the Brussels Institute for Scientific Research, the three companies in this project, located in Brussels, will be financially supported by Innoviris.
The six approved projects will be introduced and explained in more detail on our project website soon.
- ROLECS (Roll-out of local energy communities) will be coordinated by Th!nk E
- BIDC (Realizing safe and stable bipolar low-voltage DC power and data backbones) will be led by KU Leuven
- Connected Buildings (towards total package solutions incorporating innovative energy measures and service models) will be steered by June Energy
- MAMûET (Machine learning for real-time advanced multi-energy trading) was initiated by SDM-Projects
- Optibids (Optimized bi-directional & smart-vehicle charging in local energy systems) will have VUB at the helm
- XMPL (Establishing XMPL in energy management) was set-up by XVent
Do you have a potential idea and would like to be next in line to receive support? Don’t hesitate to contact one of our project facilitators
Jan.Gilot@flux50.com | Patrick.Devos@flux50.com | Guy.Vekemans@flux50.com | Bram.Keymeulen@flux50.com
The deadline for our next call for proposals is 31 May.