ICON Research Project
ICON projects stimulate collaboration between research institutes and several companies. The common goal is approached from different angles to create a synergy between the research and the company community and create an eco-system with added value. The research institutes focus on a clear build-up of knowledge with a high risk for applications with a broader horizon. Companies participate actively and guide the research in the right direction towards a demand-driven research project. This type of project is exclusively available via the clusters.
The call is open to consortia of:
- Minimum 3 subsidisable companies with (future) activities in the Flemish region.
- Minimum 1 Flemish research institute. Strategic research centres (VITO, IMEC, Flanders Make, VIB…) require at least one extra university.
In addition the cluster requires that
- A company is coordinator of the project.
- All subsidised partners in an ICON project are paying members of the Flemish Energy Cluster. The coordinator is a Flux50 member at valorisation level. For more info contact email@example.com
- Collaboration with one or more research institutes is a requirement for this project type. Research institutes are fully financed by VLAIO. The level of their budget is linked to the company budget.
- The coordinator cannot coordinating more than 1 ICON project at a time.
- The base subsidy percentage is 50% for research activities with a top-up of 10% for small and medium companies.
- The budget for the research institutes is linked to the budget of the companies with a ratio smaller or equal to 40/60. The total subsidy for the companies maynot exceed € 3 000 000. The minimal amount of subsidy requested should be larger than € 100 000.
Practical info and documents
- The outcome of your proposal is expected within 4 months after submission.
- A pre-registration of your project is required one month before the call-deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Website for digital submission: click here.
- Documents: preregistration ICON, submission ICON, cost model, term sheet, collaboration agreement, manual ICON.
|Call||Pre-registration deadline||Registration deadline|